#CareersOnTheThames was organised for Careers Advisers and Teachers providing an opportunity to see first hand the river of opportunities of highly skilled, well paid careers on the doorstep of young people in London. This is a limited invitation only event as part of the Totally Thames Festival - an annual celebration of the River Thames.
Attendees got on board a boat to learn about the 95 miles of career opportunities on the River Thames for young people and to:
- hear from the UK’s Maritime Minister, Nusrat Ghani MP;
- meet apprentices (past and present) and employers to hear about current and future vacancies as well as the importance of the Thames to London;
- hear from students at Ravensbourne College about their winning marketing campaign to bring a wider diversity of people into #CareersOnTheThames;
- learn new skills – hands on boat stability; update your rope skills; and tour an engine room;
- take away a #CareersOnTheThames toolkit.
This was a ticket only event available through the Totally Thames website.Return to Previous Page