MCA STCW Personal Survival Techniques
Certificate, 10 points towards CPD programme
How will I be assessed?
Completion of the course.
This course is split between the classroom where you will learn about how to deal with emergencies at sea and in the pool where you will have the chance to put your newly acquired knowledge to the test.
What will I learn?
- Abandon ship procedures and methods of showing ‘in distress.’
- Life jackets and their use as well as how to put them on effectively
- Life rafts including the equipment on board and how to launch a life raft from a pool
- Medical conditions associated with the life raft including cold water shock and CPR
- Procedure for helicopter rescue
- Recovering a casualty from the water
- Righting and inverting a life raft
To find out more about the course and to book, contact the training team on 01322 917 553 or firstname.lastname@example.orgReturn to Previous Page